Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Sweet Inspirations Boutique: Calling All Natural Hair Women

Hi All,
I just want to say how excited i am about the "New" movement of women to grow and wear there hair natural.  I have been natural for over 12 years now but i started out wearing dreadlocks.  I loved my locs, do you hear me!  I loved my locs and everything that came with it.  I enjoyed the styling and the super duper fast growth of hair that i experienced in such a short period of time.  About 4 years ago i cut my dreadlocks off and started to wear my transitioning short,curly, fro(a whole other blog).  Now I have to be honest, going from locs to straight out natural was scary for me.  In between cutting my locs and where i am now, i did dabble in a texturizer and weekly press and curls from Moms(Who can press your hair, like you got a perm...Yes Sir!) But since the past 4 years, i have been straight up natural and very little press and curl.  I love where i am with my hair now.  I understand that i have that "Good Hair".  I have a personal curl pattern formulated just for me.  I can bantu knot my hair, flat twist, single twist, roller set, rod set, blow out afro, or curly afro...whatever!

Not only that but it is such a new camaraderie with natural hair women.  There are tailor made events, groups and networks that cater all to women who have natural hair.  We can share and form relationships all based off of our love for our God given hair type.  Something that used to divide women, is now something that is bridging allot of women together.  I must say that I love it!  I myself have joined groups such as Boston Naturals and many, many, social network groups and pages that cater to woman with natural hair.  And i am not just talking about black woman, although most of the groups are predominately black women...that is a whole other blog!!!  Can I just say, I AM IN LOVE!  For every woman on the fence and feeling like "Natural" hair is not their thing, just give it a try.  Really, it's just hair!
I pray this is a blessing to someone and if you want, comment or email.  Thank You!
Blessings,
Shervonne

No comments:

Post a Comment